WCC Tip - French Press
Brewing morning coffee has been a daily routine within our family for generations. We have tried a multitude of brewing options, but return to the traditional French Press.
The French Press simply does a terrific job delivering a rich and satiating consistency capturing the complexity of fresh coffee. See below for our steps on how to achieve a quality cup every morning:
*The following instructions are for a 1L French Press*
*WCC Coffee-to-Water Ratio 45g = 1L*
- Encore Grinder: https://amzn.to/3dUFESZ
- French Press (Copper): https://amzn.to/3ihUGWg
- Scale: https://amzn.to/2VwGXkq
- Electric Kettle (optional): https://amzn.to/3gd8kYF
1. Boil 1 liter of filtered water. Once boiling, remove from heat source and let water come down in temperature (shoot for 195°F to 200°F)
2. Weigh out 45g of whole beans (it is best to grind beans directly prior to consumption)
3. Grind beans and place coarse grinds into the French Press vessel. (Be sure to set your grinder to a coarse grind setting that will keep grinds from permeating the screen on the plunger)
4. Pour water into the vessel with grinds and stir with a wooden spoon, and place the plunger on the surface (do not press).
5. After 4 minutes, press down on the rod to plunge. You should feel some resistance. If too easy, try grinding more finely.
6. Drink up! (If you don't plan on drinking immediately, pour coffee into a thermos)